In the latest (2021) national survey, 11 million Americans reported stimulant misuse and 4.5 million reported a stimulant use disorder (StUD)1
- From 2012 through 2019, the fatal overdose rate increased on average by 29% per year to 5.0 deaths per 100,000 standard population2
- Side effects of StUD include violent outbursts and aggressive behaviour
- Three subcategories share similar or identical mechanisms of action:
- Methamphetamine use disorder, cocaine use disorder and prescription stimulant use disorder
- There are no approved treatments for StUD
- Filament estimates addressable StUD patient population of 835,000 with peak annual revenues of US$1.2 billion3
We believe that our botanical drugs could be effective in many therapeutic areas and that research on multiple indications is necessary. Our patented technology provides an attractive platform whereby third-party drug developers can leverage our IP and regulatory expertise by using Filament’s drug candidates in their clinical trials.
This provides Filament with the opportunity to obtain near-term milestone-based revenue and royalties upon commercialization.
This is one way in which we give back to the psychedelic research community. We also gain insights into new indications and safety data for future regulatory filings.